How to take care of your health in the PM 2.5 crisis with supplements
During this period, nothing is more harmful to one’s health than PM 2.5 pollution, a microscopic particulate matter with a large impact for its size. Even our own nose hair can’t filter this tiny dust because it’s only 2.5 microns in size, or 1 in 25 of the hair. When the microscopic dust gets into the body, it creates a reservoir of free radicals. It will spread to the respiratory system after it has entered the body. entering the blood vessels from the trachea It will then be transferred to numerous organs throughout the body, causing inflammatory diseases. It is a major source of a variety of diseases
Furthermore, the World Health Organization (WHO) PM 2.5 is classified as a group 1 carcinogen and is one among the top eight causes of early death in the United States. It also raises the risk of chronic disorders such as stroke, COPD, acute lower respiratory tract infections, ischemic heart disease, and lung cancer, among others. Furthermore, doctors and experts from Thailand’s Association of Dermatologists have noted that this microscopic dust is still light enough to float in the air. it can also enter the body directly through our skin There are numerous studies on the impacts of PM 2.5, a minute dust. Microscopic dust particles have been discovered to damage the skin, with symptoms divided into two stages:
1. The acute stage The epidermal cells will be destroyed by the fine dust. promote irritation and might irritate the skin directly
2. Chronic stage: The microscopic dust is a free radical that damages the skin cells. since the process of cell creation Causing skin cells to age, black patches, and a reduction in the skin’s immune system activity.
As a result, protection from PM 2.5 (small dust particles) is critical right now. Staying indoors is a basic health-care strategy. Add an air filter to assist trap the fine particles, as well as a backup plan in case you need to leave the house. It’s best to stay away from crowded areas. Lotion or cream should be administered if the area is inadequately ventilated. Wear a dust mask, goggles, and suitable clothing. To limit the absorption of microscopic dust particles PM 2.5 into the body, avoid exercising outside. According to a research study, several nutrients have qualities that help resist and lessen the toxicity of this microscopic dust PM 2.5, such as:
1. Coenzyme Q 10 (CoQ10) is a vitamin-like molecule that helps the body’s cells generate basic energy. It’s a powerful antioxidant. High-efficiency (antioxidant) It keeps free radicals out of the cells, which are responsible for a variety of ailments.
2. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can help combat free radicals and reduce irritation produced by microscopic dust particles. As a result, you should opt for a product that has both vitamin C and antioxidants. Grapeseed extract, for example, contains a large level of antioxidants and OPC, which can combat free radicals 20 times more effectively than vitamin C and 50 times more effectively than vitamin E.
3. Beta carotene helps the lungs function properly so that they can get back to work. It is also a precursor to vitamin A, which aids in the proper functioning of the respiratory system. and the immune system of the body, which is contained in tomato extract (Lycopene)
4. Omega 3 from an adult clinical trial. Furthermore, elderly people who live in areas where PM 2.5 dust mites are present found that taking 2 g of fish oil per day can lessen the detrimental effects of PM 2.5 dust mites on their health. As a result, in addition to consuming freshwater or marine fish, During this dust-particle crisis, look for high-quality food supplements to help you take care of your health. 2.5 micrograms per milliliter
Although there aren’t enough study studies on nutrition and the microscopic dust particle PM 2.5 yet. However, there is still a lot of work to be done on these nutrients. Contributes to the promotion of physical health, particularly the immune system, as well as the enhancement of various system functions in order to restore efficiency. At the very least, it ensures that the body is well-balanced. and prepared to deal with the silent threat posed by this minuscule dusty PM 2.5
- Academic article, “PM 2.5 dust and brain disease”, Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Keertikorn Wongwaivanich, Neuroscientist, Brain and Neurosurgery Center, Bangkok Hospital
- Good health article, “PM 2.5 dust and skin effects”, Ms. Chanjira Sawadiphong, Assistant Director of Public Relations, Institute of Dermatology, Department of Medicine
- Poisonous dust PM 5 heals with heart-healthy food, Asst. Prof. Dr. Chatnapa Hattakosol, Department of Nutrition, Faculty of Public Health, Mahidol University
Sorted by Thai Health Products (THP)